The society continued to manage the 3 Baby Creches at Eruthavoor, Mudavooorpara and Neyyar dam in Neyyattinkara Taluk to look after the children below the age of 5 years, mostly from the families of poor labourers engaged in seasonal agricultural operations, and daily labour etc. Mid-day meals and medical care are provided to the children. Pre-school education to a limited scale is also imparted to them. Now altogether 92 children are taken care of in these 3 creches for which 6 workers were engaged.
For the running of these crèches Kerala social Welfare Board is giving a grant of Rs 1,27,152/-. In addition to this to meet the expenditure , the following institutions / churches provided financial assistance to STARD to run the Baby Creche Units.
1) The Mar Thoma Church Educational Society - Rs 30,000/-
2) Immanuel Mar Thoma Church, Paruthippara - Rs 15,000/-
3) Trinity Mar Thoma Church, Medical College - Rs 12,000/-
4) Ebenezer Mar Thoma Church, Peroorkada - Rs 12,000/-
5) Jerusalem Mar Thoma Church, Nanthencode - Rs 10,000/-
6) Thiruvananthapuram - Kollam Diocese - Rs 20,000/-
7) St.Thomas Mar Thoma Church, Pattoor -Rs 12,000/-
TOTAL - Rs 1,11,000/-
Local Advisory Committee attached to each creche is monitoring the activities of the creches. The committee is required to meet at least once in three months to discuss the various matters pertaining to the creches and problems, if any, have to be brought to the notice of the Managing Comittee of STARD for remedial measures. Meetings of parents and creche workers were being arranged periodically to identify their problems and suggest remedial measures.